Excel is a very popular spreadsheet application developed by Microsoft. We have here a complete Excel tutorial for you including excel basics, excel shortcuts, excel formulas, excel vlookup, excel pivot table, excel charts, and data analysis.
Excel Basics for Beginners
You can download MS Excel from Microsoft's official website as a trial or complete version. EXCEL DOWNLOAD
To start using MS Excel search Excel and open Blank Workbook. You may also select New Microsoft Excel Worksheet after right-clicking.
Excel workbook is divided into a menu area called Data Ribbon, sheets with rows and columns, and a status bar with view buttons and zoom control.
- Data Ribbon is the entire collection of tabs and command groups. You can access the data ribbon with the Alt key.
- Sheets are the data storage area with rows and columns. The maximum excel worksheet size can be 1,048,576 rows by 16,384 columns with up to 255 characters per column.
- Status Bar is at the bottom of the excel sheet with zoom control and view controls.
Create, Open, Close, Save
- Ctrl + N: Create a new workbook
- Shift + F11: Insert a new worksheet
- Ctrl + O: Open an existing workbook
- Ctrl + W: Close a workbook
- Ctrl + S: Save
- F12: Save As
Select, Find, Replace
- Alt: Go to data ribbon
- Shift + Space: Select entire row
- Ctrl + Space: Select entire column
- Ctrl + F: Find
- Ctrl + H: Replace
Add, Delete, Hide
- Ctrl + '-': Delete row or selected column
- Ctrl + Shift + '+': Insert row or shift column
- Ctrl + 9: Hide row
- Ctrl + 0: Hide column
- Ctrl + F1: Show or hide the ribbon
- Ctrl + Tab: Switch between open workbooks
- Arrow Keys: Move around the cells one by one
- Ctrl + Arrow Keys: Move to the start or end of the data set
- F7: Check the spelling
- F1: Open the Help pane
- Alt + HOI: Format sheet by column width
- Alt + F8:: Create, run, edit, or delete a macro
- F4: Repeat the last command or action.